Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rained Out!

As I was leaving town yesterday, with a mountain of groceries, I called DH to see if he needed anything. It was sprinkling in town and he said it was pouring at the ranch. We had a good chance of rain and thought a few tenths would be a blessing and settle the dust for branding. We unloaded over $200 in groceries and water bottles in the rain...with smiles on our faces. This morning we had 1.9" in the rain gauge so DH called off our first day of branding. Too wet is a good problem to have.


I have been cooking roasts for barbecue sandwiches and now this extra day allows me to prep some more. I'll get 8# of ground beef cooked and put the Lasagna together for tomorrow and assemble the Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert and stick it in the deep freeze. And no, I am not using 8# of ground beef for the Lasagna...the rest will end up in the enchiladas the next day and there will be enough for Buckaroo Bundles too.

Then maybe I'll stitch a little and take a nap!


We haven't had a wet spring like this since 2010. Looks like I'll be spending a lot more time behind that mower, but when the Lord blesses your socks off like this, you praise Him as you continue to mow!

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's rained a lot here at the mission where I am right now, and also at my home in Arkansas. I'm always grateful for the green and the flowers! blessings, marlene

Lana said...

I agree! No more complaints ever about rain....bring it on!!!!!!

Libby said...


:0)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I knew you wouldn't complain about the rain!! We got the rest of our big garden in this morning and some rain is predicted each day through next Monday. Even a little each day would be wonderful for the tomatoes, peppers and seeds.

Love your menus for branding! Prep work makes it so doable!!

Tired Teacher said...

Enjoy your extra prep time and the unexpected sewing time as well as the glorious rain.

Pauline said...

I l♥ve the rain. It sure worked for you this time. All the preparation time to put meals together. I'll bet you all have a waiting list of friends to come help with your branding, etc. I know I'd sign up!

Dorian said...

Oh lucky you Karin! I'm so glad someone is getting some rain!! lol, enjoy.

Mary E. Stephens said...

Yeah, "too much" mowing is a real blessing in these parts too! Praise the Lord! So happy to hear you've had good rain there too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...