Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Newest Additions to Santa's Team

I've been up to my elbows in reindeer these past few days. I've been busy adding to what has recently become a herd and the numbers are increasing daily. Actually, I think I'm about to wind this up. Aren't they cute though? I made several of these years ago, but I decided that they needed to make a second appearance. They are just as cute the second time around.

The tag reads:
Christmas is coming and so are the deer
Listen closely and bells you will hear
And along with them comes a special treat
Reindeer droppings for you to eat!
(Lift Tail)
Last night I set them on the buffet in the dining room once my eyes began to grow bleary. This morning I found our resident feline curled up amongst them. Soon her rascally companion joined her and I have found one or the other, or both of them, curled up in the midst of the red nosed critters all day.
Hope they haven't grown too attached to the one I'm sticking in the mail! You know how cats have issues with separation anxiety!

You just want to make sure you cut the hole in the back large enough when you stick the pom pom on. A few years back I gave one to the superintendent of the school and come to find out it was constipated! LOL!

These were so much fun to make. I can't help but smile when I look at them, but thank goodness I don't have to clean up after them!

6 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Very cute! Would you mind if I copied your idea for my students? I'm just not sure about the backside.
The cats are gonna miss them!

Ranch Wife said...

Of course not! Just cut a round flap on the backside, towards the bottom and then hot glue a pom pom to the flap. When you lift the tail, you can shake out a Whopper. Hope the kids enjoy them!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Very cute reindeer, but your kitties are cuter! (I loooove kitties.) I like Whoppers, too, and that is a clever idea and poem.

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! A constipated reindeer--who woulda thunk it possible!

They're really cute Karin! Love the cats too.

Paula said...

I now realize that the silly things poop! How cool! hahahahaha!

Okay, so I'm slow!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Hi Karin....
Left you a message on my blog...Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...